There are significant number of U.S. trained lawyers with Chinese background in the Bay Area. Many of us speak and write Chinese, and some were raised and educated in Greater China. This panel discussion focuses on career advancement for these lawyers, who faces unique challenges and opportunities due to our background. Our panelists will share with the audience their recent experiences working in China as well as tips and advice on making career choices about practicing in the US vs practicing in China. Specific topics include:
- Current legal job market in Greater China for U.S. trained lawyers – where are the opportunities (in-house and law firm) now?
- The outlook for the legal job market in Greater China in the next few years – what are the likely skill sets that employers in the Greater China will seek after?
- How can the U.S. trained lawyers take advantage of their Chinese background in their practices in the US?
- How to provide great services to companies based in Greater China in their U.S. operations?
- Parker Zhang Chief Patent Counsel and Business Assistant to CEO, Baidu
- Evan Jowers Head of Asian Recruiting, Kinney Recruiting
- Yan Zhang Partner, Haynes Boone, Shanghai and SV Offices
- Meng Lai Partner, Megstone Law
Mike Farn, a partner at Fenwick & West, will be the moderator.
When: ( )
Where: Fenwick & West LLP, 801 California St., Mountain View, CA 94041
This event is free for CALOBA members. A $5 fee will be charged for non-members.
Light dinner will be provided.